Thursday, December 13, 2007

To Share...or Not to Share ?



While looking through my log files today I came across a spike in referrals from an antique industrial equipment enthusiast site called Practical Machinist . While that on it's own is no great reason for a blog post, a thread I found on that site regarding auctions was most informative.

If you were going to an auction sale locally, would you broadcast to fellow enthusiasts the details about the sale which could potentially increase the competition for items that you would want to buy cheap?

It is a very interesting read, and not the usual type of warm fuzzy feelings you usually find at a collectors website.

Be sure to read my comments in the thread, which I feel sums up how the collectors would want to be treated when it's their turn for a sale.